Happy Mother's Day - Our Stories

With Mother's Day coming up this Sunday, we thought we'd share a little bit about what makes our Mother's special to us. At The Roxburgh Group, we believe in treating our clients like family, and building trusting and lasting relationships. We also believe that one of the best ways to build relationships, is to allow people to see us as real people, and not just real estate professionals. 
So, keep reading to get a glimpse into our lives and the reasons we love our Mother's. And happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there! We appreciate all you do! You are the glue that holds our world together. 

“I remember my Mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln.


Heather’s Story

My mother is the most amazing, generous and loving woman that I know, I am truly blessed to have been raised by such a wonderful role model.  My mother has been, and still is a very influential woman in my life. She has taught me the value of family, hard work, love, acceptance and so much more,  She has stood by me through many challenging times and I am eternally grateful to her for the unconditional love and support that she has always shown me.  My mother is also a fabulous grandmother to my daughters. She has been highly involved in their lives since the day they were born and she has a very close, special relationship with them.  My mom is not just my mother, she is my best friend and I thank the Lord everyday for her. It has been an honor and a privilege to be raised by such an incredible, loving woman. I honestly don't know where I would be today without my mom!! 

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!



“Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Carolee’s Story:

I lost my own Mother when I was 29 years old and miss her every single day of my life. I realize life is precious and every moment I am blessed to spend with my own children is a gift that I do not take for granted. Being a Mother is the biggest blessing in my life, I love spending time with my 4 amazing children, whether it be supporting them in their various activities, helping with homework, camping and playing together, helping them through the good and bad times or just being there to talk, laugh and cry with them,  I love being there for my kids.
 

“Making a decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone

 
Ali’s Story:

I love my Mom because she's not only my mother, but my best friend. She's someone that I look up to, someone that I go to for advice, and someone I go to for comfort. My Mom is the perfect example of what a mother should be, showing unconditional love to not only me but all her kids. She is accepting of me and all my quirks and still thinks I'm amazing! Her advice is always the best - she's always honest and right about everything. My favorite memories of my Mom would have to be when all of us girls (5 sisters and her) get together and laugh and giggle and talk and bond. One day, I hope to be everything that my Mom is - she's the best!!!

“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” – Rajneesh

Tara’s Story:

My mom believes in reading books; and while growing up, she taught me to believe in books and the power of stories. One of my grandpa’s favorite stories to tell is how my mom used to come to the dinner table as a little girl with a book in her hand and then proceed to eat with one hand and continue reading with the other.  As a little girl myself, I can remember our weekly trips to the library and how I’d sit on the ground next to her in the Children’s Section as she thumbed through picture books and picked out the best ones to take home. Of course, there were a few times when she put the library books on top of the car as she tucked me into the car seat and then forgot to put the books in the car so they streamed out onto the road behind us as we drove away. Oops...:) But even more than the weekly library trips, I remember the way she’d read books to us at night before bed, or how when we could read on our own, we were encouraged to read for at least 20 minutes every day. I remember going to book fairs in elementary school and being allowed to pick out one or two books to buy. And I remember getting older and finally reading the same books as my mom and although we wouldn’t always come to the same conclusion about books, it was comforting to know that just for a moment - we were both immersed in the same fictional world. Ultimately, my mom gave me the gift of books and the gift of believing in stories. But most of all, she gave me the gift of believing in my own story. And the belief that I can write it, or rewrite it, as many times as I want or need. Thanks Mom! I love you :)

“Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” – Lin Yutang



Comments

Popular Posts